It is that time of the year again! Finals are knocking at the door and I am not that extremely studious boy in class who literally nails each and every exam. In fact, I am far from that guy. For our kind of people, it is usually pretty difficult to go about studying hours on end and receiving glamourous grades. Marks do not define who you are or how intelligent you are, neither do they decide your future once and for all, but till the time the time the society understands this and improves on the education system, here is one simple way to improve your grades drastically:
The Pomodoro Technique
You have probably heard something about this before, but unless you actually try it out, you would never realise its true potential. So here is a step by step guide to get you started and running.
What You Need
- A timer application
- A quiet place to work in
- A good pair of earplugs/earphones
- A pen and a paper (for checkmarks)
- 5 minutes each morning to plan out the day’s task
- 30 minutes at the end of each week to review your progress
- Write down all you want to accomplish at the beginning of the day
- Choose a task, preferably just one
- Set a timer for 25 minutes
- Work until the timer rings and put a checkmark aginst the task in the task list
- Take a 5 minutes break
Keep In Mind
- Work with time, not against it
- Eliminate burnouts
- Manage distractions
- Create a better life balance
The process will initially be difficult, but when we see how much you are getting done by the end of the week, you will truly be surprised.
Some Suggested Applications
What methods do you use to get work done and improve your grades? Tell me in the comments below!